Body Contouring and Weight Loss
It can be very discouraging to achieve weight loss, yet still have to contend with excess skin that keeps you from wearing the clothes you'd like. Excess skin can cause daily discomfort by causing rashes and possibly skin infections. Post-weight loss cosmetic surgery can be an excellent solution for anyone who would like to have loose, excess skin removed from his or her body. Body contouring procedures can help you achieve the figure you desire after weight loss surgery, pregnancy, or following weight loss achieved through diet and exercise. If you have recently experienced significant weight loss after bariatric surgery, dieting, or pregnancy, you may be bothered by excess skin on areas of your body. Dr. Poser may use post-bariatric surgery contouring techniques, including body lift and other body sculpting procedures, to remove drooping skin left behind after weight loss surgery.
Body Contouring Options after Extreme Weight Loss
Depending on the amount of weight you have lost and the location of your excess skin, you may wish to consider one or more of the following post-bariatric surgery cosmetic procedures:
- Liposuction – This procedure is often used to remove small amounts remaining fatty tissue from the hips, thighs, and abdomen to create smooth, aesthetically pleasing contours.
- Tummy Tuck – Also called abdominoplasty, tummy tuck is an effective post-bariatric surgery cosmetic procedure that not only removes excess skin, but also tightens the abdominal muscles, creating a more slender waistline and flatter stomach.
- Arm Lift – An arm lift begins by creating an incision along the underside of the upper arm. Excess skin is then removed to create a tighter, firmer appearance.
- Thigh Lift – Performed in much the same way as an arm lift, thigh lift is a popular form of body contouring surgery to lift and smooth the thighs after significant weight loss.
- Butt Lift – One of the most common areas requiring body contouring after weight loss is the buttocks. A plastic surgeon can lift and reshape this part of the body to create smoother, tighter contours.
- Breast Lift and Augmentation – Because the breasts are composed mainly of fatty tissue, their appearance can be greatly affected by weight loss. Breast augmentation and breast lift are two body contouring procedures that help restore natural breast volume and lift the bust line after weight loss.
Please call Meier Plastic Surgery for a free consultation. We would love to answer any and all questions you may have.
For further information on body contouring after weight loss please contact our office .